
I am starting a blog (finally). Why? I have no fancy camera with which I will share beautifully lit photos. I have no profound message, or tip or trick I want others to benefit from. And I get all my recipes on Pinterest, so I have no recipes to share that you haven't already tried. I just love us; our family. And I love looking back on the days our family experiences and enjoying them for what they were - fun, frustrating, silly, stressful, eventful, or even uneventful. I can think back to my childhood and there are some vivid memories that stand out but I know there is so much more I don't remember. And I catch Casey asking me if I did "this" or "that" when I was a kid, and sometimes I don't remember. So I am starting a blog as a way of recording those things we do as a family for my girls, and just maybe when my memory fails me one day, this piece of technology will allow me to revisit some of our special times.
And as each day goes by I am more aware of how special these times are - our girls are young and memories are created by the minute. But we also have a special member of our family and milestones are cherished and celebrated so much more. And we are overcoming challenges that at one time seemed insurmountable. So this blog is my selfish record of sentimental memories as well as a way to mark the path we have travelled to look back and see how far we've come.
Let's get down to business. For those of us who have never met, let me introduce ourselves - the cliffnotes version.

My name is Jen Wise. I grew up in a small town in northwest Ohio with my 2 sisters, wonderfully loving parents, no air conditioning, and an above ground pool. And I wouldn't change a thing about it all. I graduated from BGSU with a degree in Interior Design, moved to Cincinnati, met Tom the old-fashioned way (at a bar), worked at an architectural firm and just happened to have the 2 most perfect little daughters anyone can imagine. And I am lucky enough now to get to spend every day with them. I love to read, shop, Jazzercise and my ideal vacation requires sand, blue water and some yummy cocktails.
There are a few things you should know as you read along on our journey. Between Tom and I, I am the emotional, open thinker and Tom is the analytical, quiet thinker. I know he does not want his life to be broadcast over the internet (he's not even on Facebook). So although he might not show up in my writings that often, please know he is here and in on all the fun I write about in our family.

Tom grew up in a slightly bigger small town in Ohio. He never fails to keep me and the girls laughing. He's a pretty quiet guy - more of a listener than a talker. He loves sports and, as a fellow sports fan, we both enjoy college football and basketball seasons especially. Tom loves golf. Like, it's his thing. I've learned not to mess with it - it makes him tick. He is the best dad to our girls and my best friend. He is forever telling me to view the glass as half full and is certainly part of the reason I am the person I am today.



Casey is 7 (and a half!). From a very early age, we nicknamed her HurricaneCasey. She is full of drama, energy, comedy, wit, smarts, and just is so full of life. There has never been a dull moment around Casey and I pray that never changes. We haven't encountered a teacher yet that hasn't come to me to share something Casey said that had them rolling. She is very social (take for instance last summer at the beach. Each day she would throw down her bucket and shovel and scan the beach looking for another kid, a complete stranger, to approach and ask if they wanted to play with her.) Casey wakes up at 6:20 every morning and from then on she is ready to entertain and be entertained all day. Last week she was asked to describe herself using adjectives. She thinks she is: a "fast (runner), nice, and clumsy (???), a girl who is able to be funny and crazy, who fears bees and bears, who would like to go to heaven and who dreams of being a fairy". She is such a strong force of nature and I am proud to be her mommy :)


Emily is 4. She is my little mommy - always wanting to help put dishes or laundry away or take care of any child that is smaller than her (whether they want her help or not!). She has the best smile and is chronically happy. She is also energetic (whew! I'm tired all the time with these two girls!) but, thankfully, sleeps in longer than Casey! She is opinionated, curious and adores her big sister. She is starting to be bashful and it is a sweet phase that Casey never went through. Her personality is just emerging through her growing vocabulary and we are drinking it up. Emily is special. She is one of two people in the world that they know to have a specific chromosomal abnormality. And God blessed us with her! Imagine- one of two families in the world (that her doctors know of) to be charged to take care of and nurture such a unique set of chromosomes, and God chose us!! She has taught us love on another level. Perspective we'd never considered before. Compassion for others we were blind to. And most of all, renewed faith in the plan God has for all of us. Because if I can tell you one thing I've grown wiser on, it's knowing that the life you dreamed of having may not, in fact, be what God has in store for you.
In fact, you never dreamed it could be this good.
Love it! So glad you decided to take the plunge. Can't wait to read more : )
ReplyDelete