You know it's been too long since I've written if I couldn't even remember my password to log in to my blog! We are full on into the Christmas season now. The trees are up, lights lit and Christmas music being played in the car. But before I get to being thankful for the blessings this new holiday will bring, I need to fill in from Thanksgiving.
This year it was our turn to go to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. I hadn't been feeling well the days prior and I'd like to say that was my excuse for not actually making the pumpkin pies, but that wouldn't be true. I'm afraid of screwing up THE pies on the mother of all pie holidays. I need to make a test pie in the next week or so so I'm prepared to make them next year. Although next year we will be at Tom's parents' house and Grandma Sharon makes the BEST pumpkin pie, so I won't have the opportunity.... but I DO want my girls to know that their mom can bake a pie. It's seems like as a mom I owe them that. But to Frisch's I went this year :)
There are some people who beautifully adorn their holiday tables with pressed napkins, shiny chargers, and elaborate centerpieces and name cards. I will continue to applaud them via Pinterest. That's just not how my family rolls. Why take the time to dress the table with anything but THE FOOD?!? Who has the time, there's football to be watched. Transfer the yummies to fancy serving dishes? What? That's just more dishes to do? Don't get me wrong, I love a pretty place setting and tablescape, but I like to think we're just keeping it real in our family...
 |
| Mash those taters! |
 |
| The kids' cups (these make me smile) |
 |
| Cheers! |
 |
| The turkey getting unstuffed |
 |
| A whole lotta carbs |
 |
| Breaking the wishbone! |
 |
Thanksgiving essentials? Pies, empty beer cans and starch to make the gravy!!
|
My dad has some pretty cool antiques that he keeps near the bar he built in their basement way back when. Casey and Braeden discovered the antique penny slot machine and played it forever just like my sisters and I did as kids.
And then there was just cousins doing good old fashioned playing.
 |
| Peek-a-boo, Emily |
 |
| pretty little Adysen |
Friday the girls and I were left to fend for ourselves while Tom and dad road-tripped to Columbus and mom worked. So we decided to put up and decorate Nana's Christmas tree. I was toying around with my camera while they worked.
Saturday my parents hosted my mom's side of the family over for Thanksgiving. 50 some people came this year. I think I counted 20 were absent. I can't imagine not having these large family gatherings. I have 20 first cousins (including my 2 sisters), plus significant others, spouses, kids, and my aunts and uncles. It was a jam packed event and I'm glad we were able to attend this year!
Friday brought the arrival of our Christmas Elf, Jake. Each morning Casey (because she's always up way before Emily) scurries around the house trying to find him and the mischief he gets into at night.
 |
| Jake finding out blondes really do have more fun |
 |
| Jake being a baby |
 |
| Jake replaced our stockings with our underware! |
Christmas is 19 days away! We've been super busy here! I've been doing consulting work, the kids have had places to go and people to see and we're determined to keep things Merry and Bright here! I'll try to get more blogs in to help spread the cheer!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment